Super Bowl 2014: the game isn’t the only exciting thing! That’s right, I said it. If you had a Super Bowl party, ya know the deal: the food!
We had P & P over to watch the game. I prepared some turkey burgers and jazzed it up with some red onions and parsley. It was a hit!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 med red onion (chopped) *
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- cheese (optional)
- Mix ingredients in a bowl. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty when mixing all the ingredients together!
- Grab a good amount and form about 4-6 patties.
- Grill on med heat for 7 minutes per side or you can use a George Foreman grill.
- Once it is done, place in the serving platter and have the cheese melt on top of it.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Enjoy!
*I only added 1/2 cup med onion today because I wasn’t sure if our guests liked a copious amount of onions!
You can also make smaller patties for sliders!
So, the game didn’t turn out as exciting as everyone thought it was going to be. I wasn’t rooting for a particular team (I’m part of the WHO DAT nation), but I thought it was going to be down to the wire. With the year Peyton had, I wanted him to go out in victory, then again I also really like Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, and Baldwin. Overall, my heart was content. 🙂
We had a great time hanging out with P & P; they are such an adorable couple. It’s nice to meet new people in this new city of ours. It’s also nice to have a sense of community.